ADVICE FROM THE DOCTOR
Our Wedding Checklist
Looking for a simplified yet customizable wedding checklist? Well, here it is! We have created a checklist of the most basic (but sometimes forgotten) to-dos for planning your wedding.
- Wedding Binder or Folder – First, get a wedding binder or folder where you will keep all your requirements, vendor information, and to-do lists.
- Budget – Weddings can be really expensive, how much you wish to spend is completely a personal choice. If you wish to splurge – go ahead, but it’s important you set a budget so you don’t go over it.
- Date – Set the date. Decide if you want a winter, summer, spring or fall wedding.
- Venue – You have the budget and set date, now it’s time to look at wedding venues. Look for a venue that you can picture your first dance in. Make sure it fits in your budget because the checklist is far from being over.
- Choose the Décor – Once you have the venue picked, you need to decide the type of décor you want. This can include a lot of different components, from flowers to centerpieces, to any pictures of you and your spouse you want in the room. And let’s not forget the decor at the ceremony.
- Catering – Food is the most important part of a wedding, most people to be honest just come to devour the delicious wedding food. Go food tasting to famous and in your budget catering services, and finalize one.
- Your Dress – Now every girl dreams to walk down the aisle in the most beautiful gown. Go dress shopping with family and friends– whoever you want to share this intimate moment with.
- Makeup & Jewelry – Pick the makeup look you want for your wedding – do you want a simple, minimal look or do you want a full glam face. Also, pick a makeup artist and make sure to schedule a trial before the big day. It’s also important to decide beforehand the jewelry you will be wearing on your big day.
- Pick your Bridesmaid Dresses – Your bridesmaids represent you, which is why you would want their dresses to be perfect as well.